Solved

No POST or beep on new build: ASRock z97 Anniversary, Core I5-4590

Hello, I’m having a problem where on my new build when I start it up (trying to boot into the bios without a hard drive or ssd) the case fans, power supply fan, and cpu fan start running but there is no display from the on-board video, or beep on the speaker which leads me to believe that it isn’t fully booting.

When powered on, the fans stay on for 1 minute, then powers off for 4 seconds, and repeats until I shut off power from the power supply.

I’ve already gone through that checklist for no post or video problems without results. (CPU power connected, no bent pins,

Here are my specs:

Components:
CPU: Intel Core i5-4590
Motherboard: ASRock z97 Anniversary
Case: Rosewill Galaxy-03
Memory: 8 GB DDR3 (G.Skill Value Series)
PSU: Raidmax RX-530SS

Thanks in advance!
Reply to WunderPie
12 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about post beep build asrock z97 anniversary core 4590
  1. Any help would be appreciated!
    Reply to WunderPie
  2. Did you try one memory modules at a time? Double check installation, motherboard might be defective.
    Reply to gskill support
  3. gskill support said:
    Did you try one memory modules at a time? Double check installation, motherboard might be defective.



    Yes, with no luck.
    Reply to WunderPie
  4. I'll look further into the motherboard though.
    Reply to WunderPie
  5. Any chance you have a 2nd PSU you can try using instead of the Raidmax?
    Reply to mmaatt747
  6. Any further suggestions?
    Reply to WunderPie
  7. mmaatt747 said:
    Any chance you have a 2nd PSU you can try using instead of the Raidmax?


    No, it's the only atx PSU I have at the moment
    Reply to WunderPie
  8. Assuming your powers supply is ok, it's probably a bad motherboard... they are far more likely to have issues than CPU's.
    Reply to mmaatt747
  9. mmaatt747 said:
    Assuming your powers supply is ok, it's probably a bad motherboard... they are far more likely to have issues than CPU's.


    Ok, thanks for the information. Is there a way to test the motherboard to see if it's defective? And are there any other possible configuration issues?
    Reply to WunderPie
  10. Best answer
    WunderPie said:
    mmaatt747 said:
    Assuming your powers supply is ok, it's probably a bad motherboard... they are far more likely to have issues than CPU's.


    Ok, thanks for the information. Is there a way to test the motherboard to see if it's defective? And are there any other possible configuration issues?


    Not without duplicate components that you can swap out to ensure that everything works BUT the motherboard.
    Reply to mmaatt747
  11. mmaatt747 said:
    WunderPie said:
    mmaatt747 said:
    Assuming your powers supply is ok, it's probably a bad motherboard... they are far more likely to have issues than CPU's.


    Ok, thanks for the information. Is there a way to test the motherboard to see if it's defective? And are there any other possible configuration issues?


    Not without duplicate components that you can swap out to ensure that everything works BUT the motherboard.

    Alright, thanks for helping out!
    Reply to WunderPie
  12. I don't know if anyone is still monitoring this thread for any reason, there was no definitive fix. What was the final outcome WunderPie?
    Reply to erikbrown
Ask a new question Answer

Read More

ASrock Motherboards New Build