Solved

What do you guys think about my future PC build ?

I think about buying a new PC:

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K (1150, 3.5GHz, 6MB)
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97-HD3 (1150/H97/DDR3)
GPU: Asus GTX 970 Strix 4GB DDR5
RAM: HyperX FURY Blue 8GB (2x4GB), 1600 MHz
PSU: 750 W
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB

I will be using this for gaming, programming(mostly on java and c++) and maybe I will start learning to video edit. What do you think about the processor? Will the CPU bottleneck the video card? Is the PSU enough for this setup?
15 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about guys future build
  1. Best answer
    Which PSU ? Cheapest good quality PSU you can buy right now that is will power your system is EVGA B2 750w.

    If you will do video editing in the future, i would change the CPU for Xeon E3 1231 v3 and motherboard for H97 chipset one
  2. turbopiki said:
    Which PSU ? Cheapest good quality PSU you can buy right now that is will power your system is EVGA B2 750w.

    If you will do video editing in the future, i would change the CPU for Xeon E3 1231 v3 and motherboard for H97 chipset one

    Will this CPU worsen the gaming experience (as i said it will be also used for gaming) ?
  3. No you need to OC i5 4690K to reach gaming performance of Xeon E3 1231 v3, Xeon perfroms about thee same as i7 4770
  4. turbopiki said:
    No you need to OC i5 4690K to reach gaming performance of Xeon E3 1231 v3, Xeon perfroms about thee same as i7 4770


    I think that you've changed my mind about the CPU. But why do i need to change the motherboard? Both processors have the same socket.
  5. You dont need to is just a suggestion, Z97 chipset motherboard is meant for Overclocking and you cant OC the XEON so with H97 chipset motherboard you will save some money. So why buy motherboard for OC if you cant OC your CPU
  6. turbopiki said:
    You dont need to is just a suggestion, Z97 chipset motherboard is meant for Overclocking and you cant OC the XEON so with H97 chipset motherboard you will save some money. So why buy motherboard for OC if you cant OC your CPU


    Can u suggest me a motherboard for this CPU ?
  7. Didnt notice that you picked cheapest Z97 motherboard which is not great for OC, so with H97 you will save almost nothing.

    http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asrock-motherboard-h97anniversary

    If you want a bit better board with more PCI slots better onboard audio get this one http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asrock-motherboard-h97performance
  8. turbopiki said:
    Didnt notice that you picked cheapest Z97 motherboard which is not great for OC, so with H97 you will save almost nothing.

    http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asrock-motherboard-h97anniversary

    If you want a bit better board with more PCI slots better onboard audio get this one http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asrock-motherboard-h97performance


    What will you say about Gigabyte H97-HD3 (1150/H97/DDR3) ?
  9. Its a good board, but ASRock H97 perfromance its better
  10. turbopiki said:
    Its a good board, but ASRock H97 perfromance its better


    Thank you very much I think that I'll buy the Xeon. It will better for work and great for gaming.
  11. turbopiki said:
    Which PSU ? Cheapest good quality PSU you can buy right now that is will power your system is EVGA B2 750w.

    If you will do video editing in the future, i would change the CPU for Xeon E3 1231 v3 and motherboard for H97 chipset one


    Can you suggest me more PSUs so i can choose one ?
  12. For your system get 500w or more PSU, from Tier 1 or 2.

    http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-2547993/psu-tier-list.html
  13. turbopiki said:
    For your system get 500w or more PSU, from Tier 1 or 2.

    http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-2547993/psu-tier-list.html


    Wouldn't it be better if i get a 700 - 750 W because of the graphics card ? Or a 600 W ?
  14. turbopiki said:
    Which PSU ? Cheapest good quality PSU you can buy right now that is will power your system is EVGA B2 750w.

    If you will do video editing in the future, i would change the CPU for Xeon E3 1231 v3 and motherboard for H97 chipset one


    What will you say about this configuration :

    CPU: Intel XEON Quad Core E3-1231V3 /3.4GHz/ 8MB Cache/
    Motherboard: ASRock H97 ANNIVERSARY
    GPU: ASUS STRIX-GTX970-DC2OC-4GD5
    RAM: HyperX FURY Blue 8GB (2x4GB), 1600 MHz
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB
    PSU: CoolerMaster V650S, 80+ Gold, 650W
  15. System with GTX 970 and i7 CPU (Xeon uses less power), needs a good quality 500w or more PSU.

    so 500w is enough but you can get PSU with more wattage for future upgrades

    This build looks great
Ask a new question

Read More

Core Intel Intel i5 CPUs Gigabyte Build Motherboards Systems