Solved

I can't figure out how to connect 3 different monitors to my PC. Everything SHOULD be working fine (theoretically) but isn't.

OK, so I currently have 3 screens all connected to my computer, however whenever I go to use 'Identify' them in the 'Screen Resolution' page, it only allows me to be using a max of two at a time. One is connected via HDMI, another VGI, and the last one by a DVI-D, all into the correct (I think) ports in my graphics card. Yet they still don't work together.

I have no idea what I have done wrong or how to get them to work, any help would be appreciated.
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about figure connect monitors working fine theoretically
  1. I probably know the problem, but what graphics card are you using?
  2. datguy20 said:
    I probably know the problem, but what graphics card are you using?


    I honestly have no idea, I'm really bad when it comes to computers. Is there any way to find out? Or I could go up into the loft and find the box.
  3. Download GPU-Z and post an imgur.com link of the information.
  4. datguy20 said:
    Download GPU-Z and post an imgur.com link of the information.


    http://i.imgur.com/CetNvxt.jpg - I'm hoping that's the correct info.
  5. Best answer
    Technically your GPU can support 3 monitors, but only at certain resolutions. Read this http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-2328297/set-independent-monitors-msi-250-2gb-ddr3.html

    If you want to properly run 3 HD monitors you will need a better graphics card.
  6. datguy20 said:
    Technically your GPU can support 3 monitors, but only at certain resolutions. Read this http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-2328297/set-independent-monitors-msi-250-2gb-ddr3.html

    If you want to properly run 3 HD monitors you will need a better graphics card.


    Ah OK, in that case, if I just lowered the resolution on one of the monitors would that work? Or is there no possible way that I could have 3 screens running on this graphics card at all?
  7. Best way to see if it works is to try. Start with 2 screens plugged in, set them to a very low resolution, connect the third, then raise the resolution on whichever screen is most important to you.
  8. datguy20 said:
    Best way to see if it works is to try. Start with 2 screens plugged in, set them to a very low resolution, connect the third, then raise the resolution on whichever screen is most important to you.


    OK, I'll try that and get back to you. Thank you very much for all your help.
Ask a new question

Read More

vgi HDMI DVI D Connection Components Monitors