Just got a 2nd SSD...whats the best way to set up for gaming?

My EVO 830 256GB SSD is full and having some issues so I wanted to do a fresh install. I also just bought an EVO 850 500gb SSD.

What's the best way to set these up for gaming? OS on the 256gb and all of the games on the 500gb?
7 answers Last reply
More about 2nd ssd whats set gaming
  1. I have my 120gb SSD doing the OS and apps, and my 480 gb set up as games only. C: and D: respectively.
  2. JrFreak said:


    What's the best way to set these up for gaming? OS on the 256gb and all of the games on the 500gb?


    Yes, that would be a very good configuration.
    Steam and Origin clients have built in functionality for different drives and folders.
  3. Ok cool. I won't lose much performance in game if installed on a different drive than the OS?
  4. No you will not.
  5. JrFreak said:
    Ok cool. I won't lose much performance in game if installed on a different drive than the OS?


    Given 2 SSD's, not in the least.
  6. Great. Now the apps that are installed on my HDD... I'll have to reinstall them also since the registry stuff on the C drive will be erased?
  7. JrFreak said:
    Great. Now the apps that are installed on my HDD... I'll have to reinstall them also since the registry stuff on the C drive will be erased?


    Yes.
Ask a new question

Read More

SSD Evo Windows 7 Gaming