Asus z97 gryphon vs AsRock z97 extreme6 vs AsRock z97X Fatal1ty Killer

Good Evening everyone,

I need your advice. Which board is better in terms of perfomance and bang for your buck.

I am looking for an alternative motherboard to the AsRock Extreme 6.

I have narrowed it down to these two boards
1. Asus z97 Gryphon
2. AsRock z97x Fatal1ty

Please feel free to suggest any other motherboard which would be a good alternative.

Thank you
4 answers Last reply
More about asus z97 gryphon asrock z97 extreme6 asrock z97x fatal1ty killer
  1. Of those three, you get the better bang for your buck with the Extreme 6, have you considered the extreme 4? it has almost the same features hat the extreme 6, it just lacks thunbderbolt support and some Sata connectors i believe, and its like $30 bucks cheaper.
  2. mlga91 said:
    Of those three, you get the better bang for your buck with the Extreme 6, have you considered the extreme 4? it has almost the same features hat the extreme 6, it just lacks thunbderbolt support and some Sata connectors i believe, and its like $30 bucks cheaper.


    Can thunderbolt support be use for other devices besides Mac devices?
  3. Hi,
    May I suggest you indicate why you don't want to go with the extreme6 (to help clarify what you're looking for)? I'm quite biassed - I really like my extreme6 though obviously it's not for everyone.

    ignatiusonfire said:
    Good Evening everyone,

    I need your advice. Which board is better in terms of perfomance and bang for your buck.

    I am looking for an alternative motherboard to the AsRock Extreme 6.

    I have narrowed it down to these two boards
    1. Asus z97 Gryphon
    2. AsRock z97x Fatal1ty

    Please feel free to suggest any other motherboard which would be a good alternative.

    Thank you
  4. CrazyDingo said:
    Hi,
    May I suggest you indicate why you don't want to go with the extreme6 (to help clarify what you're looking for)? I'm quite biassed - I really like my extreme6 though obviously it's not for everyone.

    ignatiusonfire said:
    Good Evening everyone,

    I need your advice. Which board is better in terms of perfomance and bang for your buck.

    I am looking for an alternative motherboard to the AsRock Extreme 6.

    I have narrowed it down to these two boards
    1. Asus z97 Gryphon
    2. AsRock z97x Fatal1ty

    Please feel free to suggest any other motherboard which would be a good alternative.

    Thank you




    I am looking for an alternative motherboard mainly because the computer store close to home ran out of AsRock Extreme 6. I'm building my first PC gaming rig
Ask a new question

Read More

Gryphon Asus Components ASrock Motherboards