Need help on whats causing poor performance on my Rig.

My gaming rig is only getting 15-20 fps in GTA 5 in very high and then there is Advanced Warfare at like 35-43 fps and it likes to stuttering in all of these games.
My Rigs Specs:
MB: M5A97 R2.0
RAM: 16G
CPU: FX-6300 OC @ 4.2
Graphics Card: R9 290 OC Direct CU II
HDD: 2, 1 TB HDDs
PSU: Toughpower Gold 750 Thermaltake

Thx in advance!
14 answers Last reply
More about whats poor performance rig
  1. CPU temps ???
    Are you using an aftermarket cooler??

    The 6300 at that speed can push a minimum of 45fps in GTA 5 & well over 60fps in warfare.
  2. My CPU under load is about max of 51 degrees Celsius

    My aftermarket cooler is a Thermaltake NiC C4 120mm CPU Cooler CLP0607
  3. Temps are fine ,boards fine,PSU's fine.

    Are you 100% sure your overclockin' is stable - run a prime blend test with amd overdrive cpu status tab running.

    You should be sitting 100% load,full clock speed on all cores while testing.
  4. madmatt30 said:
    CPU temps ???
    Are you using an aftermarket cooler??

    The 6300 at that speed can push a minimum of 45fps in GTA 5 & well over 60fps in warfare.


    madmatt30 said:
    Temps are fine ,boards fine,PSU's fine.

    Are you 100% sure your overclockin' is stable - run a prime blend test with amd overdrive cpu status tab running.

    You should be sitting 100% load,full clock speed on all cores while testing.


    I'll do that and get back to you
  5. madmatt30 said:
    Temps are fine ,boards fine,PSU's fine.

    Are you 100% sure your overclockin' is stable - run a prime blend test with amd overdrive cpu status tab running.

    You should be sitting 100% load,full clock speed on all cores while testing.


    Yes all my cores are running at about 4214 F

    And my temp stayed at 48 degrees Celsius
  6. Worker #5 not running

    Test 1,26000 Lucas-Lehrer iteration of M12451841 using AND K10 type-2 FT length 640K, Pass1=640,Pass2=1K

    Then says this 100 times ERROR: ILLEGAL SURMOUNT

    Maximum Number of warnings exceeded.
    Worker stopped
  7. The rest of the Workers #1-#6 except for 5 all say this


    Self-test 640K passed!
  8. Worker #6 not running

    Self-Test 8K passed

    Then the end

    FATAL ERROR: Final result was 737BD063, expected: BA64B1E8.
  9. My Vcore is trying get 1.3625V

    But its bouncing around 1.308-1.296 V
  10. Drop in BIOS ,ensure c1e States is disabled and turbo/boost disabled.

    In windows ,goto power settings options & make sure you're running in high performance mode.

    What the system history??
    New build or upgraded recently??
    Have you by any chance moved from an nvidia card to the r9 290??

    Have you always had performance problems?
  11. madmatt30 said:
    Drop in BIOS ,ensure c1e States is disabled and turbo/boost disabled.

    In windows ,goto power settings options & make sure you're running in high performance mode.

    What the system history??
    New build or upgraded recently??
    Have you by any chance moved from an nvidia card to the r9 290??

    Have you always had performance problems?


    Well my rig was upgraded about 8 months ago. Because on my now secondary hard drive had window's corruption and my ram had some too. So they replaced that.


    And no have never had a nvidia card in this builds .

    Well they were fixed slightly when AMD made a new driver but it has always done this.


    Thx for all the help so far.
  12. in Prime95 what do you call stable?
  13. madmatt30 said:
    Drop in BIOS ,ensure c1e States is disabled and turbo/boost disabled.

    In windows ,goto power settings options & make sure you're running in high performance mode.

    What the system history??
    New build or upgraded recently??
    Have you by any chance moved from an nvidia card to the r9 290??

    Have you always had performance problems?


    I just checked and i did disabled C1e and disabled turbo boost
  14. getting BSoD one of them is
    Memory manigment
    other is system thread not handeled
    and KMODE_exception_not_handled
    and ntfs file system
Ask a new question

Read More

Performance FPS Gaming