Solved

ALMOST ALL my USB 3.0 ports both motherboard and front panel don't work! How to fix?

Hi, I noticed that windows was displaying a message saying usb not recognised and such.. I changed the keyboard and mouse to different ports of the motherboard and everything was ok.. But after a while nothing seemed to work anymore, i changed the usb to different ports and there wasn't even the beep anymore.. I restarted the pc several times and sometimes different ports may work but as soon as i put it in sleep mode i have to change to different ports again.. What is causing this? I'm sure its the windows fault because all 3 of the motherboards i had did that! I have windows 7 x64 home!
22 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about usb ports motherboard front panel work fix
  1. I would verify the drivers are installed, I noticed on my M5a99FX the case wire to hook up to the mb for USB 3.0 didn't hold the wire well. Maybe something to consider, regardless make sure the drivers are installed.
  2. PapaWood said:
    I would verify the drivers are installed, I noticed on my M5a99FX the case wire to hook up to the mb for USB 3.0 didn't hold the wire well. Maybe something to consider, regardless make sure the drivers are installed.


    I did that, i checked the cable and its all well plugged in! and the drivers are also installed!
  3. Is this board new? Or was it working in the past and more so lately started acting up? what model board is this? Are there any BIOS settings you maybe need to look into?
  4. PapaWood said:
    Is this board new? Or was it working in the past and more so lately started acting up? what model board is this? Are there any BIOS settings you maybe need to look into?


    Yes it's new! Asus Maximus IV Extreme Rev 3.0, i updated the bios and set everything to default settings!
  5. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131700


    Very common issue it looks like. You may want to return that board and go with another model.
  6. Or just try a replacement.
  7. Also looks like its recommended to upgrade the BIOS if you haven't already.
  8. Don't try fiddling with it, I highly suggest you send it back for your money or a replacement. I wouldn't go for a replacement of the same model, just get a different one with good reviews and the features you like. You could try msi/gigabyte motherboards as well. Hope it will get sorted for you quickly as I have had some issues with new hardware too recently, cheers mate!
  9. burbee said:
    Don't try fiddling with it, I highly suggest you send it back for your money or a replacement. I wouldn't go for a replacement of the same model, just get a different one with good reviews and the features you like. You could try msi/gigabyte motherboards as well. Hope it will get sorted for you quickly as I have had some issues with new hardware too recently, cheers mate!


    Gigabyte so far is the best motherboard manufacturer for me.. It isn't heard of a lot, but the testing and quality before placing it up for selling is really extreme.. My old gigabyte motherboard was a tank compared to this sh*tty only for looks asus rog motherboard.. Seriously i'll try my best for a refund and upgrade to an 1150 socket gigabyte motherboard and a 4790k CPU!
  10. Awesome go for it man!

    Glad we were able to help :)
  11. Best answer
    Ragnarous said:
    burbee said:
    Don't try fiddling with it, I highly suggest you send it back for your money or a replacement. I wouldn't go for a replacement of the same model, just get a different one with good reviews and the features you like. You could try msi/gigabyte motherboards as well. Hope it will get sorted for you quickly as I have had some issues with new hardware too recently, cheers mate!


    Gigabyte so far is the best motherboard manufacturer for me.. It isn't heard of a lot, but the testing and quality before placing it up for selling is really extreme.. My old gigabyte motherboard was a tank compared to this sh*tty only for looks asus rog motherboard.. Seriously i'll try my best for a refund and upgrade to an 1150 socket gigabyte motherboard and a 4790k CPU!


    I have a Gigabyte Z77X-D3H board myself and I can confirm what you just said about it :) Gigabyte makes very solid motherboards. A few days ago i bought a new cooler which didnt work, so I had to unscrew it. The screw was stripped and stuck in there, I pushed and pulled the backplate and mobo with a lot of power until it came out, the mobo didn't even get damaged, so very solid..
  12. PapaWood said:
    Awesome go for it man!

    Glad we were able to help :)


    Thanks a lot friend :))
  13. Any time :)
  14. burbee said:
    Ragnarous said:
    burbee said:
    Don't try fiddling with it, I highly suggest you send it back for your money or a replacement. I wouldn't go for a replacement of the same model, just get a different one with good reviews and the features you like. You could try msi/gigabyte motherboards as well. Hope it will get sorted for you quickly as I have had some issues with new hardware too recently, cheers mate!


    Gigabyte so far is the best motherboard manufacturer for me.. It isn't heard of a lot, but the testing and quality before placing it up for selling is really extreme.. My old gigabyte motherboard was a tank compared to this sh*tty only for looks asus rog motherboard.. Seriously i'll try my best for a refund and upgrade to an 1150 socket gigabyte motherboard and a 4790k CPU!


    I have a Gigabyte Z77X-D3H board myself and I can confirm what you just said about it :) Gigabyte makes very solid motherboards. A few days ago i bought a new cooler which didnt work, so I had to unscrew it. The screw was stripped and stuck in there, I pushed and pulled the backplate and mobo with a lot of power until it came out, the mobo didn't even get damaged, so very solid..



    PapaWood said:
    Any time :)


    By the way, i should mention that also the first pci-e x16 slot is damaged! It works when you place a graphics cards in it, but it starts to show black screens and all the games will crush after about 5-10 seconds gameplay.. This forces me to place the graphics card on the second pci-e x16 slot to make it work fine, as i tried MANY graphics cards to see if it isn't the slots fault and if i want to sli it i have to place the other one in the fourth, making the first draw really minimum air to cool it self down as they get sandwiched! Terrible company, Ill be changing my prof picture right now!
  15. Yikes man, that boards put you through the ringer :'(
  16. Ragnarous said:
    burbee said:
    Ragnarous said:
    burbee said:
    Don't try fiddling with it, I highly suggest you send it back for your money or a replacement. I wouldn't go for a replacement of the same model, just get a different one with good reviews and the features you like. You could try msi/gigabyte motherboards as well. Hope it will get sorted for you quickly as I have had some issues with new hardware too recently, cheers mate!


    Gigabyte so far is the best motherboard manufacturer for me.. It isn't heard of a lot, but the testing and quality before placing it up for selling is really extreme.. My old gigabyte motherboard was a tank compared to this sh*tty only for looks asus rog motherboard.. Seriously i'll try my best for a refund and upgrade to an 1150 socket gigabyte motherboard and a 4790k CPU!


    I have a Gigabyte Z77X-D3H board myself and I can confirm what you just said about it :) Gigabyte makes very solid motherboards. A few days ago i bought a new cooler which didnt work, so I had to unscrew it. The screw was stripped and stuck in there, I pushed and pulled the backplate and mobo with a lot of power until it came out, the mobo didn't even get damaged, so very solid..



    PapaWood said:
    Any time :)


    By the way, i should mention that also the first pci-e x16 slot is damaged! It works when you place a graphics cards in it, but it starts to show black screens and all the games will crush after about 5-10 seconds gameplay.. This forces me to place the graphics card on the second pci-e x16 slot to make it work fine, as i tried MANY graphics cards to see if it isn't the slots fault and if i want to sli it i have to place the other one in the fourth, making the first draw really minimum air to cool it self down as they get sandwiched! Terrible company, Ill be changing my prof picture right now!


    Damn lol... I always thought, but that's me, that ASUS is more of a show-off company than quality when it comes to motherboards and laptops (they do make good graphics cards, credit for that). My friends with ASUS laptops always have weird problems and a friend with an ASUS mobo had some weird boot issues as well. The only ASUS product I would buy is a GPU, nothing else
  17. burbee said:
    Ragnarous said:
    burbee said:
    Ragnarous said:
    burbee said:
    Don't try fiddling with it, I highly suggest you send it back for your money or a replacement. I wouldn't go for a replacement of the same model, just get a different one with good reviews and the features you like. You could try msi/gigabyte motherboards as well. Hope it will get sorted for you quickly as I have had some issues with new hardware too recently, cheers mate!


    Gigabyte so far is the best motherboard manufacturer for me.. It isn't heard of a lot, but the testing and quality before placing it up for selling is really extreme.. My old gigabyte motherboard was a tank compared to this sh*tty only for looks asus rog motherboard.. Seriously i'll try my best for a refund and upgrade to an 1150 socket gigabyte motherboard and a 4790k CPU!


    I have a Gigabyte Z77X-D3H board myself and I can confirm what you just said about it :) Gigabyte makes very solid motherboards. A few days ago i bought a new cooler which didnt work, so I had to unscrew it. The screw was stripped and stuck in there, I pushed and pulled the backplate and mobo with a lot of power until it came out, the mobo didn't even get damaged, so very solid..



    PapaWood said:
    Any time :)


    By the way, i should mention that also the first pci-e x16 slot is damaged! It works when you place a graphics cards in it, but it starts to show black screens and all the games will crush after about 5-10 seconds gameplay.. This forces me to place the graphics card on the second pci-e x16 slot to make it work fine, as i tried MANY graphics cards to see if it isn't the slots fault and if i want to sli it i have to place the other one in the fourth, making the first draw really minimum air to cool it self down as they get sandwiched! Terrible company, Ill be changing my prof picture right now!


    Damn lol... I always thought, but that's me, that ASUS is more of a show-off company than quality when it comes to motherboards and laptops (they do make good graphics cards, credit for that). My friends with ASUS laptops always have weird problems and a friend with an ASUS mobo had some weird boot issues as well. The only ASUS product I would buy is a GPU, nothing else

    Even if they do make good GPU's they are top selling motherboard company and everyone who's gonna buy something will first buy a motherboard from them.. EVGA is a really good GPU company and their RMA was really top of the line for me, so that just means i won't ever buy anything from ASUS as they get beaten by another company in each type of component they manufacture!
  18. PapaWood said:
    Yikes man, that boards put you through the ringer :'(


    Ok, I contacted the seller from ebay in which i bought the MB from, he doesn't offer a full refund after 15 days of purchase, and asus wants me to ship the mb to the seller first and then the seller will ship it to ASUS.. And ASUS only offers a repair or a replacement (which i think will be a used refurbished one from the reviews and personal experience i read and had!) The shipping from here to spain is 35 euros and the shipping from spain to here after it gets done with asus is another 35 euros.. What do i do? :/
  19. Ragnarous said:
    PapaWood said:
    Yikes man, that boards put you through the ringer :'(


    Ok, I contacted the seller from ebay in which i bought the MB from, he doesn't offer a full refund after 15 days of purchase, and asus wants me to ship the mb to the seller first and then the seller will ship it to ASUS.. And ASUS only offers a repair or a replacement (which i think will be a used refurbished one from the reviews and personal experience i read and had!) The shipping from here to spain is 35 euros and the shipping from spain to here after it gets done with asus is another 35 euros.. What do i do? :/


    If that is your only option then you have to go with it I guess but you could just as well buy a new motherboard... That's just really unlucky.. Does he offer a refund at all?
  20. Man that's unfortunate, I would play by there rules, and send it back the way they exclaim, or see if you can get lucky and speak to a supervisor and work out a better deal, maybe they will cut out the middle man an send it straight to you.

    Sorry brother.
  21. burbee said:
    Ragnarous said:
    PapaWood said:
    Yikes man, that boards put you through the ringer :'(


    Ok, I contacted the seller from ebay in which i bought the MB from, he doesn't offer a full refund after 15 days of purchase, and asus wants me to ship the mb to the seller first and then the seller will ship it to ASUS.. And ASUS only offers a repair or a replacement (which i think will be a used refurbished one from the reviews and personal experience i read and had!) The shipping from here to spain is 35 euros and the shipping from spain to here after it gets done with asus is another 35 euros.. What do i do? :/


    If that is your only option then you have to go with it I guess but you could just as well buy a new motherboard... That's just really unlucky.. Does he offer a refund at all?


    Nop none at all... Unlucky is truly my middle name .. Anyway I'm gonna try selling it cheap in my country, hopefully i can get enough money to get a different motherboard and socket aswell!
  22. Good luck! Best wishes.
Ask a new question

Read More

Windows Components Front Panel USB Motherboards