Solved

Lost 90MB of memory RAM after upgrading from 4GB to 8Gb an ASUS A53SV-SX538V laptop

I have an ASUS A53SV-SX538V laptop with W7 and 4GB of RAM memory.

I checked it and it is supposed that the maximum memory able to be installed is 8GB. I installed other 4 memory Kingston stick and Windows7 recognized 8 GB but the Windows Resource Monitor indicated the following:
Total: 8102 MB
Installed: 8192 MB.

Could anyone tell me where went that 90MB? Is typical for Windows 7 or do I have to change anything?

CPUZ and Windows System Information detected 8,00 GB.

Thanks for any reply.

Greetings.

Kinai.
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about lost 90mb memory ram upgrading 4gb 8gb asus a53sv sx538v laptop
  1. Maybe to the integrated video card, dont worry about it, it is nothing wrong.
  2. This is reserved for the system and is totally normal. If anything, it is a good thing as it is used as a small reserve cache to buffer stuff
  3. Best answer
    DasHotShot said:
    This is reserved for the system and is totally normal. If anything, it is a good thing as it is used as a small reserve cache to buffer stuff


    No, that is not, if it was cache it should be display all memory and say that 90 mb for cache, this usually happens when the you have integrated video card and has some ram allocated.
  4. Dragos Manea said:
    DasHotShot said:
    This is reserved for the system and is totally normal. If anything, it is a good thing as it is used as a small reserve cache to buffer stuff


    No, that is not, if it was cache it should be display all memory and say that 90 mb for cache, this usually happens when the you have integrated video card and has some ram allocated.


    You're right, that makes sense!

    +1
  5. DasHotShot said:
    Dragos Manea said:
    DasHotShot said:
    This is reserved for the system and is totally normal. If anything, it is a good thing as it is used as a small reserve cache to buffer stuff


    No, that is not, if it was cache it should be display all memory and say that 90 mb for cache, this usually happens when the you have integrated video card and has some ram allocated.


    You're right, that makes sense!

    +1


    Hi.

    I am not sure if my laptop has an integrated video card, but you are right about it being reserved by the system.

    After rechecking it, I saw that the Windows Resource Monitor indicated that it had allocated 90MB reserved for hardware. It was there all the time and I didnt see it. :sweat:

    Sorry for the inconveniences and thanks for your reply.

    Greetings.

    Kinai.
  6. kinai said:
    DasHotShot said:
    Dragos Manea said:
    DasHotShot said:
    This is reserved for the system and is totally normal. If anything, it is a good thing as it is used as a small reserve cache to buffer stuff


    No, that is not, if it was cache it should be display all memory and say that 90 mb for cache, this usually happens when the you have integrated video card and has some ram allocated.


    You're right, that makes sense!

    +1


    Hi.

    I am not sure if my laptop has an integrated video card, but you are right about it being reserved by the system.

    After rechecking it, I saw that the Windows Resource Monitor indicated that it had allocated 90MB reserved for hardware. It was there all the time and I didnt see it. :sweat:

    Sorry for the inconveniences and thanks for your reply.

    Greetings.

    Kinai.


    It must have an integrated video card it is an i series and i7 i think which it has for sure an integrated videocard. Reserved for hardware it means for the videocard .
    Here: NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M / Intel HD Graphics 3000 - 2 GB DDR3 SDRAM, the intel hd graphics 3000 it is the integrated one. It has a dedicated nvidia and an inetegrated intel.

    http://www.cnet.com/products/asus-a53sv-sx538v-15-6-core-i7-2670qm-windows-7-home-premium-64-bit-4-gb-ram-500-gb-hdd/specs/
  7. Dragos Manea said:
    kinai said:
    DasHotShot said:
    Dragos Manea said:
    DasHotShot said:
    This is reserved for the system and is totally normal. If anything, it is a good thing as it is used as a small reserve cache to buffer stuff


    No, that is not, if it was cache it should be display all memory and say that 90 mb for cache, this usually happens when the you have integrated video card and has some ram allocated.


    You're right, that makes sense!

    +1


    Hi.

    I am not sure if my laptop has an integrated video card, but you are right about it being reserved by the system.

    After rechecking it, I saw that the Windows Resource Monitor indicated that it had allocated 90MB reserved for hardware. It was there all the time and I didnt see it. :sweat:

    Sorry for the inconveniences and thanks for your reply.

    Greetings.

    Kinai.


    It must have an integrated video card it is an i series and i7 i think which it has for sure an integrated videocard. Reserved for hardware it means for the videocard .
    Here: NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M / Intel HD Graphics 3000 - 2 GB DDR3 SDRAM, the intel hd graphics 3000 it is the integrated one. It has a dedicated nvidia and an inetegrated intel.

    http://www.cnet.com/products/asus-a53sv-sx538v-15-6-core-i7-2670qm-windows-7-home-premium-64-bit-4-gb-ram-500-gb-hdd/specs/


    You are right. Thanks for all.

    Greetings.

    Kinai.
Ask a new question

Read More

Asus Laptops RAM Windows 7 Memory