Solved

Intel Core i5 4590 Compatibility with MSI H97 Gaming 3 Motherboard

Hi everyone,

I am currently looking for parts to build a new PC, and these are the parts I have "settled" with.

CPU: Intel Core i5 4590
GPU: ASUS Strix GeForce GTX 960 Factory Overclocked Graphics Card
MEM: Crucial 16GB (2 x 8GB) Ballistix Sport Series 240-Pin DIMM DDR3 PC3-12800 Memory Module Kit
PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power L8 500W Power Supply
MOBO: MSI H97 Gaming 3 Motherboard or MSI B85M-E45 Motherboard
CASE: Cougar Solution 67M3 Mid Tower/white

I have 3 "questions".
1. Are both Mobo's compatible with the CPU?
2. Which Mobo is worth the price
3. Can you leave suggestions?
4. Is the power supply powerful enough?

Thanks!!
4 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about intel core 4590 compatibility msi h97 gaming motherboard
  1. Best answer
    They're compatible as long as they have the BIOS for the Haswell Refresh CPUs. A4 for the B85, 10 for the H97.
  2. clutchc said:
    They're compatible as long as they have the BIOS for the Haswell Refresh CPUs. A4 for the B85, 10 for the H97.


    Is this what you mean?? http://au.msi.com/support/mb/H97-GAMING-3.html#down-bios
  3. thedevalex said:
    clutchc said:
    They're compatible as long as they have the BIOS for the Haswell Refresh CPUs. A4 for the B85, 10 for the H97.


    Is this what you mean?? http://au.msi.com/support/mb/H97-GAMING-3.html#down-bios


    Yes. If you are buying the buying the boards new, it would be unusual for them not to have the late BIOS by this time.
  4. clutchc said:
    thedevalex said:
    clutchc said:
    They're compatible as long as they have the BIOS for the Haswell Refresh CPUs. A4 for the B85, 10 for the H97.


    Is this what you mean?? http://au.msi.com/support/mb/H97-GAMING-3.html#down-bios


    Yes. If you are buying the buying the boards new, it would be unusual for them not to have the late BIOS by this time.


    Ok thank you!
Ask a new question

Read More

Core Motherboards Intel i5 Compatibility Intel