CPU AMD FX-6300 Maxed out at start up?

Hello, Firstly, I have an AMD FX-6300 O.C. 4.4 GHz with closed loop water cooling. My temps at idle are ~8-10* C. So now my computer starts windows 7 and is using 100% CPU on all cores and the temps are at 67-70* C. Theres nothing wrong with my cooler I already tested it in my brothers PC. When I open task manager nothing shows that is using lots of CPU. I don't know what is happening.


EDIT: Changing CPU overclock doesn't help

PC Specs:

System Specs:
AMD FX-6300
Cooler Master Seidon 120v
Zotac GTX 970 AMP! Omega O.C. 1.8 GHz
20 GB DDR3 RAM
ASRock Fatal1ty 970 performance ser1es
2.5 TB HDD
240 GB SSD
500w EVGA Bronze PSU
6 answers Last reply
More about cpu amd 6300 maxed start
  1. whn you ope task manager click "show processes from all users" then end the on that is using most cpu, maybe this might work
  2. it wont be your specs
  3. green giant 2 said:
    whn you ope task manager click "show processes from all users" then end the on that is using most cpu, maybe this might work

    I'm going to reinstall windows and go from there. Thanks for the quick response.
  4. Liam Carberry said:
    green giant 2 said:
    whn you ope task manager click "show processes from all users" then end the on that is using most cpu, maybe this might work

    I'm going to reinstall windows and go from there. Thanks for the quick response.


    you shouldnt have to do that otherwise the new install of windows will give you the same problem most likely
  5. Did you install any junk software recently? Try cleaning your windows with CCleaner.
  6. Mugglensu1984 said:
    Did you install any junk software recently? Try cleaning your windows with CCleaner.

    yea I agree there are tons of junk software that are designed to kill your CPU with mass loads.
Ask a new question

Read More

Water Cooling 100% CPUs AMD