Solved

[First Build] What power supply should I look for with Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 7 motherboard, OC'd Intel i5-4690K Processor...

New to building a PC, and am wondering what sort of power supply I'll need. I plan on using the following pieces:
- Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-GAMING 7 ATX LGA1150
- CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K (Would like to overclock)
- GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 970
- Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (1x8GB) DDR3 1600MHz

Thank you for any help you guys can provide
3 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about build power supply gigabyte z97x gaming motherboard intel 4690k processor
  1. eworth1993 said:
    New to building a PC, and am wondering what sort of power supply I'll need. I plan on using the following pieces:
    - Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-GAMING 7 ATX LGA1150
    - CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K (Would like to overclock)
    - GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 970
    - Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (1x8GB) DDR3 1600MHz

    Thank you for any help you guys can provide



    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

    Power Supply: XFX XTR 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($66.98 @ Newegg)
    Total: $66.98
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-03-23 23:47 EDT-0400

    Or for a lot of extra power at a great price.

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

    Power Supply: EVGA 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($59.99 @ NCIX US)
    Total: $59.99
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-03-23 23:48 EDT-0400
  2. SR-71 Blackbird said:


    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

    Power Supply: XFX XTR 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($66.98 @ Newegg)
    Total: $66.98
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-03-23 23:47 EDT-0400

    Or for a lot of extra power at a great price.

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

    Power Supply: EVGA 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($59.99 @ NCIX US)
    Total: $59.99
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-03-23 23:48 EDT-0400


    Is there a danger to using using a power supply with too much extra power? And thank you for the reply.
  3. Best answer
    eworth1993 said:
    SR-71 Blackbird said:


    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

    Power Supply: XFX XTR 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($66.98 @ Newegg)
    Total: $66.98
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-03-23 23:47 EDT-0400

    Or for a lot of extra power at a great price.

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

    Power Supply: EVGA 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($59.99 @ NCIX US)
    Total: $59.99
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-03-23 23:48 EDT-0400


    Is there a danger to using using a power supply with too much extra power? And thank you for the reply.


    no there won't be any danger from using a PSU with excessive power supply as your components take only what they require
    &
    I would defiantly go with the XFX PSU which is mentioned in the above answer the price is steep but its Gold certified
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Motherboards New Build