My desktop shut down suddenly after 5-10 minutes.

My desktop shut down suddenly after 5-10 minutes. Both system fan and cpu fan are still running after shutdown. Keyboard and mouse are still on. The monitor says no signal. But I am 100% sure that it is not monitor problem. I already re apply thermal paste on cpu, but still nothing happens. My PSU and HDD is running good, so its not the problem. By the way here is my specs:

msi g41m-p28
intel dual core E5700 3.0ghz
2 gb ram ddr3
inno3d gf 8400 gs
500 gb hdd
600watts PSU
10 answers Last reply
More about desktop shut suddenly minutes
  1. This could (hopefully) be something as simple as a Sleep or Turn monitor off setting in Control Panel>Power Options.
  2. This could (hopefully) be something as simple as a Sleep or Turn monitor off setting in Control Panel>Power Options.

    When I navigating on the bios setup it shut down suddenly. When I am installing windows operating system at the middle of the progress it shutdown again suddenly. Note that when I installing windows I already format the HDD this mean that there is no windows installed. So its not on the control panel settings that I can change the options.
  3. If you're just losing picture make sure your gpu is properly seated and drivers are up to date. If it is and you're still losing picture then switch to onboard video and see if it happens again.
  4. Might be because of bad memory too. Download memtest86+ and make a bootable usb or burn it in a CD and run that for 8 hours. If your RAM is defective, it will throw some error. If you are getting some error in this test, you need to change your RAM.

    Get memtest86+ From this link: http://www.memtest.org/#downiso
  5. shiva92 said:
    Might be because of bad memory too. Download memtest86+ and make a bootable usb or burn it in a CD and run that for 8 hours. If your RAM is defective, it will throw some error. If you are getting some error in this test, you need to change your RAM.

    Get memtest86+ From this link: http://www.memtest.org/#downiso


    my pc only run just for 5 mins. its imposible to do what you said. bu t im still thankfull for your answer
  6. Try a different Power Supply
  7. shiva92 said:
    Try a different Power Supply


    i even tried a brand new one.
  8. Richard David Esposo said:
    shiva92 said:
    Try a different Power Supply


    i even tried a brand new one.


    okay this might sound weird but can you try a different mobo. because i faced a similar problem with one of my PC and i changed almost all the parts in my PC without any luck :( Finally i decide to change the motherboard and it worked after changing my mobo.
  9. I would suggest trying that file settings option - surely that can be done within a five minute window. It may not be that simple but if it is, it's cheaper than a new part.
  10. shiva92 said:
    Richard David Esposo said:
    shiva92 said:
    Try a different Power Supply


    i even tried a brand new one.


    okay this might sound weird but can you try a different mobo. because i faced a similar problem with one of my PC and i changed almost all the parts in my PC without any luck :( Finally i decide to change the motherboard and it worked after changing my mobo.


    I would suggest trying that file settings option - surely that can be done within a five minute window. It may not be that simple but if it is, it's cheaper than a new part.
    i would like to but sad to say i dont have an o.s now because the last time i turned it on, i tried to install new O.S doubting its some sort of a virus malfunction and can be solve through formatting my hdd. but during windows installation, the problem appears again and the pc shuts down not yet done installing o.s. meaning to say, i dont have o.s so i dont have that file settings option
Ask a new question

Read More

Desktops Monitors Shutdown Systems