Solved

£500-ish budget, looking to upgrade or replace my pc.

Approximate Purchase Date: As soon as possible for pre-christmas delivery.

Budget Range: Ideally less than £500 inc. shipping charges etc. Will consider a few pounds ( £10 or so ) over that mostly superfluous if there's a good enough reason to go over budget, but cheaper without sacrificing quality is better.

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, Digital Art/Animation, general usage and internet browsing. Please note that i will be multitasking heavily.

Are you buying a monitor: No

Parts to Upgrade: http://pastebin.com/uxUdjEqJ to whatever is best at the price.

Do you need to buy OS: No. I already have a copy of Windows 7 and have no interest in 8.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Don't care as long as they ship in/to the UK without charging massive amounts for the privelege.

Parts Preferences: At least a quad core processor because Bioware decided to make that a requirement for Dragon Age: Inquisition for whatever reason. High memory and processing power/speed also preferred.

Overclocking: Maybe.

SLI or Crossfire: idk, whichever's better in the budget.

Your Monitor Resolution: See pastebin link. Not upgrading at this time.

Additional Comments:
- I don't need any extra peripherals like mice or 'free' games/programmes, i'm just interested in upgrading my hardware.
- Graphical/audio fidelity is not as high of a priority as performance.
- I am also interested in a case that can house it just in case.
- I don't need a new blu-ray/dvd reader or OS.
- I'm using a 400W Corsair PSU on my current rig, so upgrading may not be required, i think.

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: As mentioned before, the odd system requirement for DA:I highlighted just how much i need to overhaul my PC. Add to this the fact that most of my games atm are running at sub 20fps on average and I just feel like it's necessary going forward for the next couple years until it's time to do this all over again. I should also mention that i play modded Minecraft a lot, so having an FPS that isn't 5 would be swell.

Thanks. Any additional information you need i'll try to provide. Please also bear in mind that a lot of the numbers and stuff that go over my head so please try to keep the jargon to a level that a layman can understand. :)
1 answer Last reply Best Answer
More about 500 ish budget upgrade replace
  1. Best answer
    If you can reuse your HDD (hard drive), then this would be the best you can get:
    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor (£130.94 @ Aria PC)
    Motherboard: ASRock H81M-DGS R2.0 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard (£35.03 @ Amazon UK)
    Memory: Patriot Signature 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory (£42.97 @ Amazon UK)
    Video Card: PowerColor Radeon R9 290 4GB PCS+ Video Card (£199.99 @ Amazon UK)
    Case: Zalman ZM-T4 MicroATX Mini Tower Case (£20.99 @ Ebuyer)
    Power Supply: Antec High Current Gamer 620W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply (£62.95 @ Amazon UK)
    Total: £492.87
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-12-17 13:50 GMT+0000
Ask a new question

Read More

Gaming Upgrade Budget PC Systems £500