Solved

Lcd's display goes on black after playing a game for a few minutes with 5.1 surroundsound speakers

Hi I bought Creative SBS A550 5.1 surround sound speakers yesterday & plugged them into my Creative sound blaster live 24 bit sb0410 7.1 sound card today & enabled 5.1 speakers in my windows settings , enabled them Creative's audio control panel & enabled them in the game as well , I've ran two games after playing them for a while the lcd monitor stopped displaying & the speakers were making a weird type of noise , I restarted my pc 2/3 times but issue is still there how ever this does not happen when playing a song or a movie
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about lcd display black playing game minutes surroundsound speakers
  1. since you did not get any answers i thought i would let you hear my opinion.

    maybe it's not the sound set but the display drivers.
    i have had similar problems after updating my Nvidia drivers.
  2. skywere said:
    since you did not get any answers i thought i would let you hear my opinion.

    maybe it's not the sound set but the display drivers.
    i have had similar problems after updating my Nvidia drivers.


    I rolled back my Nvidia's driver to a previous one but it didn't solve the issue
  3. Best answer
    I figured it out & got it fixed the speakers wasn't causing the problem because I unplugged them & then tried the game & the issue was still there & same result when I tried the game with my Alienware tactx headset when so I figured my gpu or my processor were heating up so I opened my pc's case & removed the hsf & saw that the thermal paste wasn't properly applied so I bought a thermal paste compound & applied on the processor & put the hsf back on & saw that one of the wires was touching with my gpu's fan which was making the fan not work causing the gpu to heat up so I put the wire/cable underneath the sound card which solved the problem smh the technicians of our country suck instead of fixing my pc the technician messed it up DIY & FTW
  4. 3hunna said:
    I figured it out & got it fixed the speakers wasn't causing the problem because I unplugged them & then tried the game & the issue was still there & same result when I tried the game with my Alienware tactx headset when so I figured my gpu or my processor were heating up so I opened my pc's case & removed the hsf & saw that the thermal paste wasn't properly applied so I bought a thermal paste compound & applied on the processor & put the hsf back on & saw that one of the wires was touching with my gpu's fan which was making the fan not work causing the gpu to heat up so I put the wire/cable underneath the sound card which solved the problem smh the technicians of our country suck instead of fixing my pc the technician messed it up DIY & FTW


    sweet! i'm glad you fixed it.
  5. skywere said:
    3hunna said:
    I figured it out & got it fixed the speakers wasn't causing the problem because I unplugged them & then tried the game & the issue was still there & same result when I tried the game with my Alienware tactx headset when so I figured my gpu or my processor were heating up so I opened my pc's case & removed the hsf & saw that the thermal paste wasn't properly applied so I bought a thermal paste compound & applied on the processor & put the hsf back on & saw that one of the wires was touching with my gpu's fan which was making the fan not work causing the gpu to heat up so I put the wire/cable underneath the sound card which solved the problem smh the technicians of our country suck instead of fixing my pc the technician messed it up DIY & FTW


    sweet! i'm glad you fixed it.



    At least you tried to help unlike some people here :)
Ask a new question

Read More

Windows 7 Speakers Sound Cards Components Creative