Solved

little help with my 6300 4.5ghz overclock please

well i managed to overclock my fx 6300 with m5a97 evo r2.0 mordorboard, got what i think is stable 4.5ghz with 1.3625v (i think its too high so i might put a lower voltage later) i used the cpu ratio, bus frequency at 200, and games seem to run good, however im experiencing some micro stuttering, like some little frame drops and i want to know if this has anything to do with APM feature, i have everything disabled, cool n quiet always disable and core c6 is aswell,will i fix it by disabling it? if you want i can post a benchmark of how i run watch dogs on high textures and everything else maxed out since i didnt see any with my video card on youtube
4 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 6300 5ghz overclock
  1. I wouldn't necessarily recommend overclocking that much on that board. I think it might be the board bottlenecking. Try not to mess with the voltage on a 970 board, atleast get a 990... That's just me. Or, you can probably crank it up to 4GHz without messing with your voltage. Do what you wish, just my opinion
  2. Best answer
    There's nothing wrong with that board for OC'ing. It has 6+1 phase power, heat sinks on the VRMs, and solid caps. The EVO version is a step above the regular M5A97 R2.0. Be sure you have Turbo Mode disabled. The other items you mention are arguable. AMD Overdrive overclocking manual recommends:
    The key BIOS settings to adjust before proceeding with CPU Performance tuning:
    Disable “Cool „n‟ Quiet” –power saving item from the BIOS menu
    Disable “C1E” –item from the BIOS menu
    Disable “CPU Fan Control” –item from the BIOS menu (allows max cooling)
    Ensure that CPU NB, Memory or HT Link values are running at default stable values

Micro stutter is usually a gfx card related issue. What card do you have in the system?
  3. clutchc said:
    There's nothing wrong with that board for OC'ing. It has 6+1 phase power, heat sinks on the VRMs, and solid caps. The EVO version is a step above the regular M5A97 R2.0. Be sure you have Turbo Mode disabled. The other items you mention are arguable. AMD Overdrive overclocking manual recommends:
    Ensure that CPU NB, Memory or HT Link values are running at default stable values

Micro stutter is usually a gfx card related issue. What card do you have in the system?

I read it too fast.. .Didn't see the little "evo" tucked in there... But indeed your suggestions seems valid ;)
  4. clutchc said:

greetings. got it running stable 4.5ghz 1.375v temps are too high for stress testing but ill replace my stock coolers with a few more powerful ones, otherwise i think its stable and my games run much better now, watch dogs is 40 fps avg on high textures and everything else maxed out, the micro stuttering i mentioned was fixed by disabling all power saving features and raising the voltage by 0.0125, anyways your answer is right so i picked it
Ask a new question

Read More

Overclocking