Solved

can i play watch dogs with 4GB Ram smoothly at High-ultra?

hey, my rig is..

i5-3470
HD 7870 XT 2GB
4GB Ram

i wonder if i can play watch dogs 2014 @ 1080p at High-ultra settings with that 4GB Ram only...i asked someone and he told me i can play at low-medium, but if i upgraded to 8GB then i can play at High-ultra..is that true?! only more 4GB Ram can make me play at ultra? !
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about play watch dogs 4gb ram smoothly high ultra
  1. You may be able to play it on ultra but it could be a bit choppy and laggy. So I recommend at least 6GB RAM or 8GB for future proofing.
  2. Joeteoh99 said:
    You may be able to play it on ultra but it could be a bit choppy and laggy. So I recommend at least 6GB RAM or 8GB for future proofing.


    thank you.. i've tried to play it from a while..once it gave a Blue Screen after 20 minutes, and the other time it crashed suddenly .. all Temps are fine, but i checked on the ram and i found it 3+ GB while playing..i dunno where the problem could be : (
  3. I would say it's because there isn't enough resources to go around.
    The game needs quite a bit of RAM but so does your operation system and all other background processes.
    You could look at it this way.. Try to run your average home appliance on a cellphone battery+your cellphone+blutooth headset.. There just isn't enough juice to power it all.

    So I recommend you look around and upgrade to 6-8GB ram a nice 8GBkit isn't to expensive at all. :)
  4. Zorkel said:
    I would say it's because there isn't enough resources to go around.
    The game needs quite a bit of RAM but so does your operation system and all other background processes.
    You could look at it this way.. Try to run your average home appliance on a cellphone battery+your cellphone+blutooth headset.. There just isn't enough juice to power it all.

    So I recommend you look around and upgrade to 6-8GB ram a nice 8GBkit isn't to expensive at all. :)


    thank you, I'm planing to upgrade my ram soon .. but after i turned down some settings a little the game doesn't crash anymore..i made most of settings on High & trying to pick the perfect tweaked ultra. there is a problem too, i can make texture on ULTRA..its not selectable : (
  5. Best answer
    whiteknights said:
    Zorkel said:
    I would say it's because there isn't enough resources to go around.
    The game needs quite a bit of RAM but so does your operation system and all other background processes.
    You could look at it this way.. Try to run your average home appliance on a cellphone battery+your cellphone+blutooth headset.. There just isn't enough juice to power it all.

    So I recommend you look around and upgrade to 6-8GB ram a nice 8GBkit isn't to expensive at all. :)


    thank you, I'm planing to upgrade my ram soon .. but after i turned down some settings a little the game doesn't crash anymore..i made most of settings on High & trying to pick the perfect tweaked ultra. there is a problem too, i can make texture on ULTRA..its not selectable : (


    Look at it this way.
    The texture is like the canvas of a painting..
    And the extra effects like anti aliasing and so on that's the different paints and color an artist use.
    The higher quality of texture affects the amount of RAM needed to handle it.
    The more advanced effects you use with anti aliasing and similar effects you can apply depends more on what your graphiccard can handle.
    This might not be the most accurate explanation but I do believe it will serve as a good reference when it comes to understanding games and what is needed for the game to run smoothly.

    As of why the reason you can't apply the ultra texture I can't answer because I haven't touched my copy of watchdogs in a very long time.
  6. Zorkel said:
    whiteknights said:
    Zorkel said:
    I would say it's because there isn't enough resources to go around.
    The game needs quite a bit of RAM but so does your operation system and all other background processes.
    You could look at it this way.. Try to run your average home appliance on a cellphone battery+your cellphone+blutooth headset.. There just isn't enough juice to power it all.

    So I recommend you look around and upgrade to 6-8GB ram a nice 8GBkit isn't to expensive at all. :)


    thank you, I'm planing to upgrade my ram soon .. but after i turned down some settings a little the game doesn't crash anymore..i made most of settings on High & trying to pick the perfect tweaked ultra. there is a problem too, i can make texture on ULTRA..its not selectable : (


    Look at it this way.
    The texture is like the canvas of a painting..
    And the extra effects like anti aliasing and so on that's the different paints and color an artist use.
    The higher quality of texture affects the amount of RAM needed to handle it.
    The more advanced effects you use with anti aliasing and similar effects you can apply depends more on what your graphiccard can handle.
    This might not be the most accurate explanation but I do believe it will serve as a good reference when it comes to understanding games and what is needed for the game to run smoothly.

    As of why the reason you can't apply the ultra texture I can't answer because I haven't touched my copy of watchdogs in a very long time.


    thank you.. i found out that Ultra Texture is not selectable because GPU vram needs to be 3GB at least
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics