Solved

Is my Power Supply Enough For Hi,I want to buy EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 Superclocked w/ACX Cooler ?

Hi,I'm planning to buy EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 Superclocked w/ACX Cooler Graphics card.I have Corsair CX650 650 Watt Power Supply.Will my power supply be able to power it up nicely? I heard that my power supply is bad.Anyways,I won't overcloak but I want a nice performance from the card about the power.Please reply to me! Any help appreciated! :)
22 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about power supply buy evga nvidia geforce gtx 770 superclocked acx cooler
  1. 650 watts will not provide 650 watts, always reduce 20% of what the manufacturer says. so your 650 watts ideally provides 520 watts of power supply which is good enough..
  2. There is no such thing as a Corsair CX650, Corsair makes a CX 600 and a 750 but no 650's.
  3. illuminatuz said:
    650 watts will not provide 650 watts, always reduce 20% of what the manufacturer says. so your 650 watts ideally provides 520 watts of power supply which is good enough..


    This depends on the power supply and is by no means a universal rule, Most decent quality modern PSU is usually capable of delivering most(if not all) of its advertised power on its 12v rail(usually the most important and taxed rail). This is closer to being true of low quality and outdated power supplies. For example my AX1200i is capable of delivering 100.4 amps(1204.8w) on it's 12v rail. If what you are saying is true it would only be capable of 960w which is false as I have personally seen it use more than that.
  4. Believe it or not,I have the CX650 interestingly.Anyways,so do you say that if I buy the graphics card,I am able to power it up with my CX650? If so,please answer.
  5. You sure? Post a pic. The only models Corsair made with 650w are the TX, HX, CS, VS, AX, RM. Here's a list of all of corsairs power supplies
    http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page447.htm
  6. bignastyid said:
    illuminatuz said:
    650 watts will not provide 650 watts, always reduce 20% of what the manufacturer says. so your 650 watts ideally provides 520 watts of power supply which is good enough..


    This depends on the power supply and is by no means a universal rule, Most decent quality modern PSU is usually capable of delivering most(if not all) of its advertised power on its 12v rail(usually the most important and taxed rail). This is closer to being true of low quality and outdated power supplies. For example my AX1200i is capable of delivering 100.4 amps(1204.8w) on it's 12v rail. If what you are saying is true it would only be capable of 960w which is false as I have personally seen it use more than that.


    Yeah, but as a thumb rule and to be on the safe side. coz the 80 rating (bronze, silver, gold, platinum...) those are like guaranteed to give 80% consistent power.. but those that are not rated, it's like a thumb rule while selecting..


    FearsTearsTR said:
    Believe it or not,I have the CX650 interestingly.Anyways,so do you say that if I buy the graphics card,I am able to power it up with my CX650? If so,please answer.


    I think it's a TX650.. anyways, if you are in doubt, go to www.pcpartpicker.com, update your rig there, once you are finished, the top right corner will tell the max watts that will be consumed by your rig.. and then if it's below 520 watts, you are just good to go.. else, it may not support..

    One other way is that nvidia recommends 600 watts, even in that angle, you are just good to go..

    In short, you will not have any issues with it.. get it and just go gaming.. :)

    Oh.. just in case you are wondering, I would ask you to hold off your purchase as GTX 800 series are coming in a couple of months.. maybe a long wait.. but I'm sure it will be worth it.. :)
  7. The only thing I can find for a cx650 with a search(besides this very post) is an expired ebay auction where some one sold a CX600 as a CX650(evan has a cx 600 pictured in the action).
  8. illuminatuz said:
    bignastyid said:
    illuminatuz said:
    650 watts will not provide 650 watts, always reduce 20% of what the manufacturer says. so your 650 watts ideally provides 520 watts of power supply which is good enough..


    This depends on the power supply and is by no means a universal rule, Most decent quality modern PSU is usually capable of delivering most(if not all) of its advertised power on its 12v rail(usually the most important and taxed rail). This is closer to being true of low quality and outdated power supplies. For example my AX1200i is capable of delivering 100.4 amps(1204.8w) on it's 12v rail. If what you are saying is true it would only be capable of 960w which is false as I have personally seen it use more than that.


    Yeah, but as a thumb rule and to be on the safe side. coz the 80 rating (bronze, silver, gold, platinum...) those are like guaranteed to give 80% consistent power.. but those that are not rated, it's like a thumb rule while selecting..


    It doesn't sound like you know what the 80 Plus rating is. It has nothing to do with how much power the PSU can delivery. It deals with how efficiently it can deliver that power. A PSU that is running at 85% efficiency means that 85% of the power it is drawing from the outllet goes to the system the other 15% is lost as heat. The more efficient a PSU is the less amount of power is wasted. A power supplies efficiency will vary depending on the load.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/80_Plus
  9. Oh,actually they are CX600.I think I mixed it with something else.So do you say that I am able to purchase the card? Sorry,I can't wait that long,I don't live in USA.
  10. Best answer
    The CX series PSU aren't great(had 4 out of 5 fail on me). It is enough to power a GTX 770. They use cheap secondary capacitors that seem to have a short life span.
  11. ^ +1 with that.. they are not of great quality..

    yes. I'm sorry, I got confused between efficiency and consistency.. my bad.. anyways, as the wattage consumption increases, the efficiency reduces greatly.. that's for sure I know.. that's why I always keep the 20% off.. I actually read it somewhere in the forums.. not sure where..
  12. So you prefer me to buy a new PSU,but you say that mine can also hold on well.Uhm,can you prefer me some of the PSU's you like most? But the money should be reliable and fair.
  13. FearsTearsTR said:
    So you prefer me to buy a new PSU,but you say that mine can also hold on well.Uhm,can you prefer me some of the PSU's you like most? But the money should be reliable and fair.


    What's the budget? Where do you live?? I don't live in the USA..
  14. My budget is about 100 dollars,I will go to the USA for touristic reasons and I wanted to buy some computer parts because they are cheap and good enough.
  15. Well for ~60 you can get a 550w xfx, kinda basic, but good quality. For ~$100 you can get a fully modular 750w EVGA G2 which is a very good psu and will give you room for future upgrades.
    http://pcpartpicker.com/part/xfx-power-supply-p1550sxxb9
    http://pcpartpicker.com/part/evga-power-supply-220g20750xr
  16. Also,can you please tell me how the rebates work? If I understand it correctly,I can buy something like EVGA SuperNova 850G2 850 Watt PSU.So please tell me simply that how can I send rebates and such,if you know,please.
  17. I don't think that rebate will work if you buy it in the US and take it home to another country. What country do you live in?
  18. Turkey.But can you please give me some information about rebates then?
  19. Well in the US after to buy the product you fill out a form(some also require the product to be register onthier website) and send it along with the receipt/proof of purchase to the rebate company. and theoretically you get a rebate check, or a prepaid card for the amount of the rebate. However it's more of a lottery, if you make a small error, the receipt lacks certain information they deem important, they will say they never got it. etc they will deny the rebate. This happens alot(atleast im my experience and that of some of my friends). Its to the point where I just completely ignore them as they can turn into a giant pain and are not worth the time and frustration. I would never suggest buying something and banking on getting the rebate. Sorry my description might be a bit bias, i really hate rebates.
  20. Oh,ok.Uhm,should I buy the EVGA SuperNova 850G2 or EVGA SuperNova 750G2? Are there any difference except the power? And can 100 watt change a lot of things?
  21. FearsTearsTR said:
    Oh,ok.Uhm,should I buy the EVGA SuperNova 850G2 or EVGA SuperNova 750G2? Are there any difference except the power? And can 100 watt change a lot of things?


    The 750w model would be able to run 2 770's in most gaming setups but may limit your overclocking options.
    The 850w model could run the same 770's and allow for hefty overclocking.
    For $120 the G2 850w is a good deal
    http://pcpartpicker.com/part/evga-power-supply-220g20850xr
  22. Ok,thanks for the help! (not only bignastyid,illuminatuz also!) You are really appreciated!!! :) Thanks :))
Ask a new question

Read More

EVGA Power Supplies Cooling Geforce Nvidia Gtx