looking to buy a new laptop for 3d modeling and gaming

I want to buy a laptop for a maximum of 1500 USD that will allow me to use 3d modelling softwares such as ansys,solidworks and autodesk alias whilst i can play games and do my daily work.
the configurations that id like are:
-intel 4700HQ above
-8 gb plus
-graphics 2 gb gddr 5 above
8 answers Last reply
More about buy laptop modeling gaming
  1. http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/lenovo/y-series/y50/

    First we have the Y50's. While great laptops, there are better options which I will link.

    http://www.xoticpc.com/msi-gt60-dominator423-p-6954.html

    http://www.xoticpc.com/sager-np8278s-clevo-p170sma-p-6985.html

    Next, we'd have these 2. I really love both of them, and if you want alot more options check out the rest of the selection.
  2. the price will be around 1700$ but u should try alienware
  3. xrhstos7003 said:
    the price will be around 1700$ but u should try alienware

    I fundamentally disagree.

    time to dominate: http://www.xoticpc.com/msi-gt60-dominator424-p-6955.html?wconfigure=yes
    yeah it's a bit heavy but man up - its a small price to pay for this wee beasty - and yes it's cheaper spec wise than a clevo alternative - whilst looking kick ass.
    oh and the gtx 870M is very good card - will play your games at 1080p ultra, crisis 3 may need AA down a bit but still ultra textures.
    oh and you can shop from LCD digital, xoticpc or powernotebooks - at the end of the day they all price the same with the same catalogue - surf between them and see if they have any good special offers that you can get.
  4. dasulman said:
    xrhstos7003 said:
    the price will be around 1700$ but u should try alienware

    I fundamentally disagree.

    time to dominate: http://www.xoticpc.com/msi-gt60-dominator424-p-6955.html?wconfigure=yes
    yeah it's a bit heavy but man up - its a small price to pay for this wee beasty - and yes it's cheaper spec wise than a clevo alternative - whilst looking kick ass.
    oh and the gtx 870M is very good card - will play your games at 1080p ultra, crisis 3 may need AA down a bit but still ultra textures.
    oh and you can shop from LCD digital, xoticpc or powernotebooks - at the end of the day they all price the same with the same catalogue - surf between them and see if they have any good special offers that you can get.


    I agree with you. Alienware, is frankly like Beats or Razer..
  5. I actually disagree with Razer - I really do find that they are high quality products comparable to Asus ROG laptops. Alienware uses bad components but Razer's are normally extremely good.
  6. dasulman said:
    I actually disagree with Razer - I really do find that they are high quality products comparable to Asus ROG laptops. Alienware uses bad components but Razer's are normally extremely good.


    Sorry, I didn't mean laptops. I meant more accessories. Some of their keyboards, mouse, headsets, etc tend to be overpriced and the competition is better. As for laptops, they have made some fantastic laptops.
  7. oh then no doubt definitely overpriced.
  8. dasulman said:
    oh then no doubt definitely overpriced.


    Yeah. That's why I hate when people go buy or build a computer and assume the name brand will gurantee the best quality.
Ask a new question

Read More

Laptops Gaming 3d modelling