Solved

I've connected my laptop to HDTV via HDMI but my TV doesnt get a signal?!

Hi, I've already connected my Acer Laptop to my "SHARP AQUOS" HDTV, and I went on my laptop to: Control Panel > Adjust Screen Resolution > and changed to to "Extend Display". My computer then instantly recognized the TV but when i goto: Input > HDMI 2 (which is the port I was using), the TV doesnt have any signal what-so-ever.
Can Someone Help me out?
Windows 7 BTW
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about connected laptop hdtv hdmi doesnt signal
  1. Have you tried the other hdmi port?
  2. Proteus1 said:
    Have you tried the other hdmi port?


    Yes, all 4 of them
  3. Best answer
    TheGamersHUD said:
    Proteus1 said:
    Have you tried the other hdmi port?


    Yes, all 4 of them


    Can you try a different hdmi cable?
  4. Yea I can, and will, but the cable i was using was originally used for the dvd player, so I dont think its the issue. But I will swap it out anyways
  5. Do you have a display on your laptop? See if you can swap the display>
  6. Proteus1 said:
    TheGamersHUD said:
    Proteus1 said:
    Have you tried the other hdmi port?


    Yes, all 4 of them


    Can you try a different hdmi cable?



    HAH the first thing I shouldve tried. thanks I got it to work
  7. TheGamersHUD said:
    Proteus1 said:
    TheGamersHUD said:
    Proteus1 said:
    Have you tried the other hdmi port?


    Yes, all 4 of them


    Can you try a different hdmi cable?



    HAH the first thing I shouldve tried. thanks I got it to work


    Glad I could help and it was something simple! Always best to try the simple things first. ;-)
Ask a new question

Read More

HDMI TV Acer Laptops HDTV Graphics Windows 7