Solved

$1000 Gaming PC or Macbook Air and PS4

Hi, should I get a $1000 gaming PC, or a Macbook Air and a PS4? I'm stuck cause I wanna try a Mac but then I want a gaming PC, but if I build a gaming PC, none of my friends play on PC. But just give me ur thoughts cause I have to decide by today.
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 1000 gaming macbook air ps4
  1. Gaming PC obviously, you will make new friends that are actually cool.
  2. You can't really compare the two. A Macbook Air is only for basic computing functions and is limited to the on board Intel video - not to mention it uses an ultra low power CPU (Core i5-4250U). It can't replace a full desktop CPU and GPU. For the price you'd be paying for the Macbook Air ($999) and the PS4 ($499), you could build a $1500 build - with a nice monitor and mechanical keyboard - and really kick some ass.

And please don't get me started on the PC - PS4 comparisons. I think my statement on this has been pretty well made in this forum. :lol:
  3. g-unit1111 said:
    You can't really compare the two. A Macbook Air is only for basic computing functions and is limited to the on board Intel video - not to mention it uses an ultra low power CPU (Core i5-4250U). It can't replace a full desktop CPU and GPU. For the price you'd be paying for the Macbook Air ($999) and the PS4 ($499), you could build a $1500 build - with a nice monitor and mechanical keyboard - and really kick some ass.

And please don't get me started on the PC - PS4 comparisons. I think my statement on this has been pretty well made in this forum. :lol:

See I get all that your saying, and I know about how terrible a MBA would be for gaming, but, I am not sure how much fun I would have if I was just playing alone, cause on console, I would be able to play with a group of friends instead of just randoms. But I am also very interested in just actually building a PC, and I also want to see the visuals and gaming experience it can deliver, cause from what I understand, the PS4 and Xbox One's specs are not the greatest, compare to when their predecessors released, but I dont want to judge the graphics when I still have not played it.But if I went the MBA and Console route (i still dont know if im getting ps4 or xbox ill see once they come out) I would be able to use the laptop for school work, and i would be able to take it to school. I am just really stuck. Try to convince me why i should choose gaming pc and how is playing without friends on a pc. cause i usually play with friends anytime i play videogames
  4. well a mac book air and ps4 is going to cost you a lot more. so get a more expensive gaming build!
  5. Best answer
    Hi just my opinion but to the chap who said the air is just for basic computing... Utter rubbish, I have my gaming rig and an air, I use the air for skyrim, Cubase with plenty of vsts etc, when not in the studio, the air is a very capable bit of kit, (I'm talking about the new Haswell air not the previous) obviously when, I have to be based in the studio the gaming rig takes over but, don't under estimate the airs:-)
Ask a new question

Read More

Gaming Macbook Systems