Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Sapphire 7950 BSOD atikmpag.sys HELP!

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
3 April 2013 19:06:29

I just assembled my desktop yesterday and I can't play any game now. Tried running BO2 and it gave me BSOD with an error saying atikmpag.sys

I already tried wiping the CCC with ATIMan and reinstalled it with the latest Beta driver 13.3.
Here are my full spec.
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($119.99 @ Microcenter)
Motherboard: MSI 970A-G46 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($74.99 @ NCIX US)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($46.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($69.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 3GB Video Card
Case: Cooler Master Elite 431 Plus (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($39.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($66.24 @ Amazon)
Optical Drive: LG GH24NS95 DVD/CD Writer ($17.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $436.17
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-04-03 14:05 EDT-0400)

And I'm currently using MS7 Ultimate x64 and already installed all the latest windows updates. Updated all the driver and such. HELP!

Best solution

3 April 2013 19:14:28

Hi,

Run furmark burn in test to check if you are going to get BSOD. Check temps also. Make sure that you have plugged all power connectors to your video card.

Best regards :) 
Share
3 April 2013 19:21:57

Feldmarschall said:
Hi,

Run furmark burn in test to check if you are going to get BSOD. Check temps also. Make sure that you have plugged all power connectors to your video card.

Best regards :) 

Installed furmark and it wont even run.
m
0
l
Related resources
3 April 2013 19:30:56

Same happened to me because of PCI-e power was not connected. Check if everything is connected properly.
m
0
l
3 April 2013 19:46:10

Feldmarschall said:
Same happened to me because of PCI-e power was not connected. Check if everything is connected properly.


Nevermind it works. I connect the PCI-e wrongly. You're the best
m
0
l
3 April 2013 21:58:01

sin2635 said:
Feldmarschall said:
Same happened to me because of PCI-e power was not connected. Check if everything is connected properly.


Nevermind it works. I connect the PCI-e wrongly. You're the best


Glad you sorted it out :) 
m
0
l