Solved

Advice on Budget GPU Please

Hi,

I recently brought this pc, spec...

CPU: AMD FX 6100 Black Edition
Operating System: Microsoft® Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Motherboard: Asus M5A78L-M LX V2
Memory: 4GB Corsair 1600mhz Vengeance (1x4GB)
Hard Drive: 500GB S-ATAIII 6.0Gb/s
Optical Drive: 22x DVD±RW DL S-ATA
Graphics card: Onboard Video
Sound card: Onboard 7.1 Audio
Case: NEW! Fractal Design Core 3000
PSU: NEW! 550W Corsair VS
Warranty: 3 Year SureCare Warranty

I am still not sure which gpu to get for the £120 ish price point ($180)

Probably going to buy next week. Will be mainly using for SimCity and Rome 2 TW when released

Should I go for,

This

This

Or This

Advice please, I play games around 1280x720 res, so I can keep FPS up.

Many thanks in advance

Mike
10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about advice budget gpu
  1. Go with the XFX HD 7790 DD Black Edition 1GB GDDR5 will be sufficient for 720p gaming.

    http://www.ebuyer.com/494222-xfx-hd-7790-dd-black-edition-1gb-gddr5-dual-dvi-hdmi-displayport-fx-779a-zdb4

    A XFX Core Edition Radeon HD 7850 will be even better choice.
  2. I would go with the 7850, even though xfx isn't my top choice. I understand budget concerns, though. That's about the most you need for 1280x720, so it's a good choice.
  3. So I shouldn't be too worried about how hot the xfx 7850 will get with just 1 fan?

    I like the idea of overclocking for a free performance boost, but will this be ok with just 1 fan.
  4. perko1989 said:
    So I shouldn't be too worried about how hot the xfx 7850 will get with just 1 fan?

    I like the idea of overclocking for a free performance boost, but will this be ok with just 1 fan.


    In that case get this one with dual fan £122
    http://www.waeplus.co.uk/item/205227/Radeon-HD-7850-Dual-X---1-GB-GDDR5---PCI?ref=gooshop
  5. Thanks imomun,

    I have looked at that website yesterday, thought I had a good deal but they charge £10 for delivery lol.

    Which would mean im about £20 over budget.

    How much more performance would I get with the xfx core 7850 over the 7790 I have linked.?
  6. Oh youve changed link.

    That looks a great deal thanks imomun.

    A dual fan 7850 for £122!! What about the company, any good?
  7. Best answer
    perko1989 said:
    Thanks imomun,

    I have looked at that website yesterday, thought I had a good deal but they charge £10 for delivery lol.

    Which would mean im about £20 over budget.

    How much more performance would I get with the xfx core 7850 over the 7790 I have linked.?


    With 7850 You will get 5-10fps more depending on games.

    http://www.hwcompare.com/12037/radeon-hd-7850-vs-radeon-hd-7970/

    http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardware-canucks-reviews/60303-amd-radeon-hd-7790-review.html

    perko1989 said:
    Oh youve changed link.

    That looks a great deal thanks imomun.

    A dual fan 7850 for £122!! What about the company, any good?


    Yes I selected even the better deal :)
    The company is very good no worries.
  8. Thanks imomun

    Ordering right now cant miss that!
  9. perko1989 said:
    Thanks imomun

    Ordering right now cant miss that!


    HOLD IT!!!

    Go for the 2GB its nly £127 just found

    http://www.waeplus.co.uk/item/206261/Radeon-HD-7850---2-GB-GDDR5---PCI-Expres

    Since The difference is £5 so worth going for 2GB
    I didnt notice the 2GB before but just now.
    If you have placed the offer dont worry you can still edit till dispatch by company.

    Glad to help mate, enjoy. :)
  10. Yes just seen that on their website.

    Suppose its worth it.

    Thanks again.
Ask a new question

Read More

GPUs Games FPS Graphics