Solved

What's the best PSU for a realitively low price? Good PC case?

Hi,

I'm looking for a relatively cheap, but also quite good powersupply.
Anybody who knows er prefers something? :-)
Also, I'm looking for a new PC-case with better airflow, anything there? Im willing to spend about 100 bucks on each. Is it even possible?:-)
14 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about psu realitively low price good case
  1. For a case at that price range I would recommend this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811139008

    As for the PSU.. what system are you going to be running on it? What parts?
  2. Depends how much power you need. For a budget PC, the Corsair CX430 is currently available at $19.99 which is just incredible.

    For a typical gaming PC, there's the XFX Core Edition 550W for $55.

    For more power-hungry systems, perhaps with two graphics cards, there's the Corsair TX750 for $85.
  3. Best answer
  4. SR-71 Blackbird said:


    Actually this stays in the OP's budget and will still run a system with any single GPU except maybe Titan.

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151119&Tpk=seasonic%20g&IsVirtualParent=1

    Seasonic G series 550w 80 Plus Gold and modular $89.
  5. anort3 said:
    SR-71 Blackbird said:


    Actually this stays in the OP's budget and will still run a system with any single GPU except maybe Titan.

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151119&Tpk=seasonic%20g&IsVirtualParent=1

    Seasonic G series 550w 80 Plus Gold and modular $89.

    On the other hand, you can get a TX750 for even less money, and that'll even run most dual-GPU configurations.
  6. Sakkura said:
    anort3 said:
    SR-71 Blackbird said:


    Actually this stays in the OP's budget and will still run a system with any single GPU except maybe Titan.

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151119&Tpk=seasonic%20g&IsVirtualParent=1

    Seasonic G series 550w 80 Plus Gold and modular $89.

    On the other hand, you can get a TX750 for even less money, and that'll even run most dual-GPU configurations.


    I have still not seen a review of the new Chicony Power Technology made TX 750. The Seasonic G series is hands down the best unit under $100.
  7. anort3 said:
    I have still not seen a review of the new Chicony Power Technology made TX 750. The Seasonic G series is hands down the best unit under $100.

    Newegg has two different TX750s going for $85 and $90 respectively (including shipping). At least one of them should be decent. But it does annoy me the way Corsair swaps OEMs all the time and seems to go to great lengths to disguise that fact.

    The Seasonic G series is great. But you do get charged extra for that kind of quality.
  8. The TX V2 is Seasonic made and of course very good. They are no longer made though. If you can find one it's back stock. The regular 750TX will be made by Chicony also known as HiPro. There was supposed to be a 850TX made by them as well but it seems to have disappeared from the Realhardtechx database. Not sure what's up with that but it sure is strange. The only review I have seen was a thread on jonnyguru and those guys did not seem impressed with the capacitors. It makes me wonder if Corsair goofed.

    There are only 3 current Corsair models left made by Seasonic. The Flextroncs made AXi series are as good or maybe even better than any Seasonic units but you pay for it.

    http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page447.htm
  9. anort3 said:
    The TX V2 is Seasonic made and of course very good. They are no longer made though. If you can find one it's back stock. The regular 750TX will be made by Chicony also known as HiPro. There was supposed to be a 850TX made by them as well but it seems to have disappeared from the Realhardtechx database.

    Newegg does have the Seasonic-made one going for $90 right now, as far as I can tell.

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139021
  10. Sakkura said:
    anort3 said:
    The TX V2 is Seasonic made and of course very good. They are no longer made though. If you can find one it's back stock. The regular 750TX will be made by Chicony also known as HiPro. There was supposed to be a 850TX made by them as well but it seems to have disappeared from the Realhardtechx database.

    Newegg does have the Seasonic-made one going for $90 right now, as far as I can tell.

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139021


    Yep. And here is the Chicony/HiPro model for $10 less.

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139006
  11. $5 less after shipping. I'd go Seasonic with that pricing.
  12. Oh hands down. I would go with Seasonic no matter what especially over something of questionable quality.
  13. anort3 said:
    Sakkura said:
    anort3 said:
    SR-71 Blackbird said:


    Actually this stays in the OP's budget and will still run a system with any single GPU except maybe Titan.

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151119&Tpk=seasonic%20g&IsVirtualParent=1

    Seasonic G series 550w 80 Plus Gold and modular $89.

    On the other hand, you can get a TX750 for even less money, and that'll even run most dual-GPU configurations.


    I have still not seen a review of the new Chicony Power Technology made TX 750. The Seasonic G series is hands down the best unit under $100.


    Hi - he actually linked the Seasonic built tx 750 v2,so it's prob in stock, I agree that I wouldn't recommend Chicony units until
    there's some quality reviews.
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Cooler Master Cases Components