Sense your surroundings remotely.
Have you ever wished that you could be in two or more places at once? We all know that's impossible, but with the help of internet-connected devices, we can at least keep our eyes on multiple places. Remote webcams are nothing new, but for the other senses, such as temperature, humidity and vibrations, there's the Knut device currently seeking funding on Kickstarter.
The Knut is a small sensor box that's powered by two AAA batteries and can provide updates emailed via a Wi-Fi connection. The creators suggest the following uses for the Knut:
- Monitor the temperature of your home or aquarium
- Monitor the humidity in your basement or cigar collection
- Tell if someone has opened your liquor cabinet or refrigerator door
- Measure how much vibration a package experiences during shipping
Serial Sensor Devices (8 maximum):
- Waterproof Temperature
- Humidity (Contains 2 sensors: Humidity and Temperature)
- 3-Axis Accelerometer (Contains 3 sensors: X axis, Y axis, and Z axis)
Non Serial Sensor Devices (2 maximum):
- Door switch
- Water presence
- Breakout Board (Simulates 2 sensors. Either can be digital or analog)
Check out the full details of the Knut at Kickstarter.