Synthetics: PCMark Vantage, Sandra XII
We easily predicted which processors would place first and last in this synthetic benchmark, but the battle for second place was not as clear-cut. The system and productivity tests favored the Phenom II X3 720 BE, while the Phenom X4 9950 BE pulled ahead in the Memories test.
As usual, overclocking offers no benefits in the hard drive test. The three processors paired with the Western Digital 640 GB drive score higher than the Athlon 7750 paired with the Seagate 500 GB.
Sandra’s arithmetic and multimedia tests both favor the quad-core processors. The memory bandwidth results are all over the place and somewhat hard to interpret for the overclocked systems. Looking at the stock systems, which are all running at the same reference clock and memory frequency, the slight edge goes to the Phenom X3 720 BE and the Phenom X4 9950 BE, both of which run at a 200 MHz higher northbridge and HT speed.
- Building Our Benchmarked Boxes
- Test System Configuration and Benchmarks
- Benchmark Results: 3DMark Vantage
- Benchmark Results: PCMark Vantage, Sandra XII
- Benchmark Results: Crysis
- Benchmark Results: Unreal Tournament 3
- Benchmark Results: World In Conflict
- Benchmark Results: Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance
- Benchmark Results: A/V Encoding
- Benchmark Results: Applications
- Power Consumption
- Performance Summary And Evaluation
- Comparison To The $625 PC
- Comparison To The $1,250 PC