DiRT 3 stands in as a good representative of simulator titles. The A8-3870K can handle it at 1920x1080 with 2x MSAA at the Low detail preset.
DiRT 3 is another title that derives much of its performance from available memory bandwidth. Unfortunately, the overclocked A8-3870K’s best effort falls notably short of the Radeon HD 6670 DDR3.
The only significant difference between this test and the last one is added anti-aliasing (a notoriously bandwidth-dependent effect). It's probable that the APU's shared memory architecture is simply not as well-suited for throughput-intensive details as a discrete card.
The gap between discrete graphics and the APU is even clearer when we look at frame rates over time.
- Sami Mäkinen Weighs In On Llano Overclocking
- Dialing In Our Overclock Using The Right Components
- Test System And Benchmarks
- Benchmark Results: Synthetics
- Benchmark Results: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- Benchmark Results: Battlefield 3
- Benchmark Results: DiRT 3
- Benchmark Results: StarCraft II
- Power And Temperature
- AMD A8-3870K: Coming Close To Radeon HD 6670