Lenovo Reveals 4 New Windows 8 Tablets, Ultrabooks
The Convertibles are moving into the Windows 8 neighborhood starting this month, featuring four new tablets and Ultrabooks from Lenovo.
Tuesday night Lenovo revealed four Windows 8 devices that seemingly have more moves than a 1950s sock hop: the IdeaPad Yoga 13 (flip), the IdeaTab Lynx (split), the ThinkPad Twist (twist), and the IdeaPad Yoga 11 (flip). All four offer touch-based screens, making navigation through Microsoft's blocky new Modern UI something to shout about.
The IdeaPad Yoga 13
Lenovo calls this Windows 8 Pro device the world's first multi-mode Ultrabook, providing the ultimate flexibility between work and play in a device featuring a 10-point multi-touch screen that can fold back 360-degrees. This Ultrabook can function in four different modes: laptop, tablet, stand and tent.
* Processor: Up to Intel 3rd generation Core i7 ULV
* Operating System: Up to Genuine Windows 8 Pro
* Display/Resolution: 13.3-inch HD+ (1600 x 900) IPS display with wide viewing angle; 16:9 widescreen, 300 nits
* GPU: Integrated Intel HD 4000 Graphics
* Memory: Up to 8 GB DDR3L memory @ 1600 MHz (1 x 4 GB or 1 x 8 GB)
* Storage: Up to 256 GB SSD storage
* Sound: 2x 1W speakers with Dolby Home Theater v4
* Integrated Comms: 1x USB 2.0; 1x USB 3.0 connectors; 2-in-1 (headphone and mic); 3-in-1 (SD, MMC) card reader, HDMI output
* Wireless: 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0
* Camera: 1MP 720p HD Camera with face tracking capability
* Weight: 3.40 pounds
* Dimensions: 13.4 x 8.85 x 0.66-inches
Customers can reserve the IdeaPad Yoga 13 at Best Buy starting Oct. 12. It will be available at Best Buy and www.lenovo.com on Oct 26. MSRP starts at $1,099.
The IdeaPad Yoga 11
This is an ARM-based Windows RT multimode notebook with a unique, dual-hinge design allowing for a 360-degree rotation. Like the Yoga 13, it can function in four different modes including laptop, tablet, stand, and tent, providing the ultimate flexibility between work and play.
* Processor: Up to Nvidia Tegra 3 (T30)
* Operating System: Genuine Windows RT
* Display/Resolution: 11.6-inch HD (1366 x 768) display; 16:9 widescreen, 5-point multi-touch display
* GPU: Nvidia Graphics
* Memory: Up to 2 GB DDR3L memory
* Storage: Up to 64 GB eMMC storage
* Sound: 2x 0.5W speakers
* Integrated Comms: 2x USB 2.0 connectors; 2-in-1 card reader, HDMI out
* Wireless: Broadcom 4330, 802.11 b/g/n , WIFI/BT hybrid, Bluetooth 4.0
* Camera: Integrated 1MP 720p HD webcam
* Weight: 2.8 lbs
* Dimensions: 11.73 x 8.03 x 0.61-inches
The IdeaPad Yoga 11 will be available starting in December. MSRP starts at $799.
This is a premium convertible Windows 8 tablet featuring an optional innovative detachable keyboard dock. When connected to the dock, two USB 2.0 ports allow users to connect all their regular PC accessories including printers, hard drives, memory sticks and other accessories.
* Operating System: Windows 8
* Processor: Atom Processor Z2760 (dual-core, 1.80 GHz)
* Connection: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0
* Display: 11.6-inch 1366 x 768 IPS; 400 nit; 5-point capacitive multi-touch
* Camera: 2MP Front
* Memory: 2 GB LPDDR2
* Storage: 32 GB or 64 GB eMMC
* Ports: Tablet -- Micro USB; MicroSD card; Micro HDMI; Audio Combo jack; Dock -- 2x USB 2.0; DC-in Micro-USB (for power only)
* Battery: 6800mAh Lithium polymer, 16 hour battery life (8 hours tablet; 8 hours dock)
* Sound: Dual built-in stereo speakers, Dual digital microphone, 3.5-mm Combo audio/mic jack
* Other: G-sensor; ALS; Proximity; E-compass; Gyro sensor; Digital MIC Array x2
* Dimensions: 11.85 x 7.4 x 0.37-inches
* Weight: Tablet -- 1.41 pounds; Dock -- 1.45 pounds; Tablet and Dock -- 2.86 pounds
The IdeaTab Lynx and optional keyboard will be available in December. MSRP starts at $599 for the tablet and $149 for the optional keyboard.
This is a high-performance, touch-enabled Ultrabook with added tablet usability for multi-mode utilization. Aimed specifically at the business market, four different modes provide the ability to consume and create no matter what the application: laptop, tablet, stand and tent.
* Processor: Latest 3rd Generation Intel core processors up to i7
* Operating System: Windows 8 Standard or Windows 8 Pro; Windows 8 multi touch-enabled
* Display/Resolution: 12.5-inch HD IPS Display w/ Touch Sensor (1366 x 768) 350 nit; Gorilla glass with anti smudge coating
* Video Graphics: Intel Integrated Graphics
* Memory: Up to 8 GB DDR3 1600 MHz
* Storage: 320 GB or 500 GB 7200RPM (7-mm) HDD ; 128 GB SSD
* Sound: Dolby Home Theater v4; stereo speakers; built-in dual array microphone (combo jack)
* Integrated Comms: 2x USB 3.0 ports; RJ45 connector; 4-in-1 slot; mini-DisplayPort; mini-HDMI
* Connectivity: Gigabit Ethernet; Bluetooth 4.0; 802.11 a/b/g/n; WWAN Optional
* Camera: 720p high definition camera
* Battery: 7 hour all day battery life
* Weight: 3.48 pounds
* Thickness: 0.79-inches thin
* Software: Lenovo Solutions for Small Business powered by Intel Small Business Advantage; Lenovo Cloud Storage by SugarSync
The ThinkPad Twist will be available starting on Oct. 26 via Staples and other retailers, business partners and www.lenovo.com. MSRP starts at $849.
“Our family of Ultrabook convertibles addresses the unique needs of consumers, businesses and everyone in between by creating high performance laptop-tablet combinations in new designs and different sizes,” said Peter Hortensius, senior vice president, Lenovo, and president, Product Group, Lenovo. “We think these innovative convertibles are the best devices for a groundbreaking touchscreen experience, plus their multi-modes give people even more ways to use their PC.”
To meet Lenovo's "Convertibles" family of Windows 8 gadgets in person, check out the dedicated website here.
Lenovo also said the previously-announced ThinkPad Tablet 2, designed for Windows 8 and powered by Intel’s next generation CPU technology, will be available starting in November through business partners and www.lenovo.com. Pricing will start at $649.