Psystar Sues Apple Over Snow Leopard
Psystar late last week filed a lawsuit seeking an injunction and damages due to Apple's "anticompetitive attempts to tie Mac OS X Snow Leopard to its Macintosh line of computers."
It seems like the Psystar/Apple saga is never going to end. Just when we thought the Mac clone company was running out of steam, Psystar has filed a new suit in the hope that it might be allowed sell machines with Snow Leopard pre-installed.
AppleInsider reports that Florida-based Psystar is eager to bring Apple's latest OS to its line of knock-off Macs. In a court filing Psystar claims that it is entitled to buy copies of Snow Leopard and install them on its own computers, which the company then re-sells. AI reports that the suit alleges that the company is already capable of installing the new operating system on its hardware.
"The Psystar computers that run Mac OS X Snow Leopard are able to do so by running software, written by Psystar, that interfaces with the open-source portion of Mac OS X Snow Leopard," the filing reads, according to AI. "The manner in which Psystar computers run Mac OS X Snow Leopard is entirely different from the manner in which Psystar computers run Mac OS X Leopard."
Check out the full story here or hit up the links below for more on the back and forth between Psystar Apple.
- Mac Clone Psystar Slams Steve Jobs
- Apple Sues Psystar
- Apple Files 10 Claims Against Psystar
- Psystar Attorney Beats Around Antitrust Bush
- Psystar Files Anti-trust Suit Against Apple
- Apple Throws Ball Back to Psystar, Asks Judge to Throw Out Anti-Trust Suit
- Apple and Psystar to Settle Differences Out of Court
- Psystar Mac Clones Coming With Blu-ray Bags of Hurt
- Psystar Claim Against Apple Slammed
- Psystar Ditches Antitrust in Favor of Copyright Abuse
- Psystar Says Apple EULA is BS
- Judge OKs Psystar's Countersuit Against Apple
- Apple/Psystar to have Confidentiality Agreement
- Psystar Debuts New, Sleek OS X Hackintosh
- Psystar Working on OS X Hackintosh Netbook?
- Mac Cloner Psystar Files for Bankruptcy
- Psystar Owes Apple a Mysterious $75,000
- Apple Punches Through Psystar's Ch. 11 Stay
- Psystar Back in the Fight Against Apple