NEC’s curved 43-inch monitor made a pretty big splash when the company first announced it. Now this beautiful monitor has a price and a release date and we find ourselves shying away.
We don’t need to tell you how amazingly wonderful this display would be for gaming (or pretty much anything, really) but the price is kind of scary. NEC announced via press release that this bad boy is going to set you back just under $8,000. Don't get us wrong, we knew it wouldn't be cheap but it's always a little disappointing to learn that you can't afford something you've been drooling over for ages.
Specs, straight from the release:
The NEC CRV43 curved display includes the following features:
* Seamless curved screen, which eliminates bezel and screen gap issues for increased productivity and decreased frustration (according to Center for Human-Computer Interaction - Shupp et al, presented at Graphics Interface 2006)
* 2880 x 900 double WXGA native resolution
* 200 cd/m² brightness
* 0.02ms Rapid Response
* 10,000:1 contrast ratio
* Wide color gamut with 100% coverage of sRGB and 99.3% coverage of Adobe RGB
* Single link DVI-D and HDMI 1.3 input connectors
* USB 2.0 connectivity for easy use of peripherals
* Front panel controls
* On Screen Display (OSD®) and software-based GUI, which enables advanced display control options
If you have eight grand to throw around, you can pick one up in July. We’re willing to bet anyone who buys one of these will say it was worth every penny.