Although the application benchmark results aren’t very convincing, the power consumption numbers are. We measured 0.7W idle power for both drives (idle, but spinning), marking our lowest result so far.
Power consumption at maximum read throughput was 2.5W for the Fujitsu drive and 2.6W for WD. These are average results.
Performance per Watt
High throughput performance paired with low to average power consumption results in above-average efficiency.
- Western Digital First To Introduce 640GB Notebook Hard Drives
- Fujitsu/Toshiba MJA2500CH (500GB)
- Western Digital Scorpio (WD6400BEVT, 640GB)
- Comparison Table And Test Setup
- Throughput Diagrams
- Benchmark Results: Access Time And I/O Performance
- Benchmark Results: Throughput
- Benchmark Results: PCMark Vantage
- Benchmark Results: Power And Efficiency